Thursday, September 8, 2011

A GLIMPSE INTO THE PAST

I have a habit of purchasing Holmes, B/X, and BECMI books and boxed sets from e-bay whenever I can find them reasonably cheap. Of course, I buy all types of D&D books from e-bay, but I have a certain place in my heart for those particular products. So, not long ago, I received a Moldvay basic boxed set that looked like it was never touched. The books looked brand new, the dice were still uncolored...it was, simply, an amazing find, but the thing that really got me excited was that it had a copy of the 1981 edition of the TSR Hobbies catalog! This, to me, was the greatest find! Flipping through the catalog filled me with such a sense of excitement and nostalgia that it was well worth the price of the purchase (which wasn't really that much). Hell, it even had games in it that I never knew TSR produced. Simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment